EAS Incorporated designs and build straight through and recuperative catalytic oxidation systems for the removal of (VOC's) volatile organic compounds. Our recuperative catalytic systems come standard with a pre-catalyzed Platinum coated guard bed to further reduce natural gas consumption. (See catalyst guard bed and click) The recuperative catalytic systems with either shell and tube or plate type air to air heat exchangers further enhance primary heat recovery by up to 70%. This occurs after the VOC's have traveled through both the guard bed and catalyst bed and the air coming out is now clean by up to 99% removal. The pollutants are converted into harmless carbon dioxide and water vapor. The clean hot air leaving the catalyst bed is then utilized the preheat the incoming dirty VOC laden stream to further reduce energy demand. It is the case of the dog chasing it's tail. SEND US YOUR TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS.
System features & benefits:
- Main process TEFC blower and motor with (VFD) variable frequency drive
- Shell & tube or plate type stainless steel air to air heat exchanger
- Pre-piped and pre-wired either raw gas or combustion air fed natural gas burner meeting IRI and FM standards with shut off valve and gas regulator.
- Stainless steel inner liner followed by mineral wool insulations and aluminized steel outer skin for 150 Deg.F. or less external skin temperature.
- Ceramic coderite honeycomb monolith pre-catalyst filter to prolong main catalyst bed life, remove particulates, and save additional natural gas by igniting VOC's prior to getting to the main catalyst bed.
- Either ceramic corderite or honeycomb metallic monolith catalysts with cell densities from 260-700 cpsi.
- Electrical control panel with PLC, flame safety and 2-temeperature controllers for both catalyst inlet and high temperature limit controller after catalyst.
- Pressure drop monitoring using Dwyer magnahelic gauges and 30 day strip chart recorder for monitoring catalyst temperature rise and efficiency.
- Stack height to client specifications
- Complete skid mounting of the entire unit ready for shipment
- Complete catalyst maintenance program including pilot reactor testing and complete catalyst washing services.
RECUPERATIVE CATALYTIC OXIDIZER
System operate in 550-750 Deg.F. temperature range and generally use less natural gas
Gas consumption when comparing recuperative thermal vs. recuperative catalytic is a function of type of VOC and VOC loading
Systems generally employ up to 70% primary heat recovery
Destruction efficiencies up to 99%
Variation in types of catalysts supports. Choices included metallic monolith, ceramic monolith and bead type catalysts